Wednesday 22 September 2010

Re-brand (Jam & Toast) 3

After sitting down and sketching up a few different ideas I was almost certain on the typeface i wanted to use - Helvetica. However because helvetica is so common in design (which is not a bad thing at all) I decided to try and find one similar but with more presence. After searching a fair few font websites I finally found the one you see below 'Coolvetica' ... I know, it couldn't be anymore similar.

So once that was downloaded I went on to play around with the type and scale. In the back of my mind I always had the idea that this design would represent me as a designer on a business card. It was time to experiment with the layout of the type.


The selection above gives an idea on the direction in which my experimentation took me. However the design at the very bottom is the chosen layout which I will take forward to play with colour, scale and finally putting the design onto a business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment