Monday 13 September 2010

Typography gallery

While down in London visiting my girlfriends family I took advantage of where I was and looked into any galleries that were taking place near where I was. It just happened that I was in luck and that the Kemistry Gallery on Charlotte Street were hosting a gallery on typography.

Attending this small exhibition really did open my eyes to how far design can be taken. The work was beautiful and inspirational - it really did help me get back into the designer frame of mind that I had lost during the summer 'chill'. One piece really did catch my eye which was designed on illustrator and cut from a 6 inch thick piece of wood and a laser cutter or something similar. The finish was brillaint - and has inspired me to make a piece similar myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment