Wednesday 9 March 2011

MR - Re-Brand

I was getting a bit tired of my last identity. I felt that it did not represent my design techniques and use of type in the rite way. I wanted to use minimal colour, and keep the design simple but aesthetically pleasing.
In my previous identity I used 2 colours which I never really felt confident about. I used black for the whole logo plus red for the 'R' initial. But i felt this, and the selected typeface cheapened the design as a whole.
The design below has been developed along the same concept as the previous identity, however now using just 1 colour.
I chose a more friendly and in some ways, expensive typeface - which i think represents me more a designer than the previous identity. Originally i wanted to keep 'Graphic Desogn' very minimal using a small point size, however upon developing the design i found i did not like the positions i experimented with in the layouts below.
Further development needed for the 'Graphic Design' text of the design, however the initials are looking exactly as i had invisioned when starting the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment