Monday 18 October 2010

Web Page

This year i decided to take full advantage of taking the web design workshop. I have always had an interest in web design however never fully understood the fundamentals and the language behind it. After last weeks first session we were asked to go and produce 1 or 2 web pages in illustrator or photoshop which we could work with in the next session.
I went away and produced each page I would like on my website (excluding imagery) here they are. The images below show the development of the build.
I have kept most of the rulers on the pages to show how i worked my layouts, including the type and logo. My site will have 3 sections - I wanted to keep it as minimal as possible. There will be:

  • Home Page
  • About
  • Portfolio (which opens up further)
  • Contact
Keeping the site minimal was not going to be too much of a problem - however the colour pallet did annoy me a bit. Originally i wanted to work with a black background, however i later found that when imagery is placed on black they sometimes get lost or are not complimented.








As i said above. I wanted to keep the design minimal. Where the type is concerned i tried not to use any colours which would distract the viewer from the work - however i have made it minimal and easy to follow and use. Im pleased with the design - now to put it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment